"HIMBLETON, a parish in the middle division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, county Worcester, 7 miles N.E. of Worcester, its post town, 5 S.E. of Droitwich, and 2 E. of the Dunhampstead railway station. The parish is situated on a branch of the river Avon, and contains the hamlet of Shell. Dean's brook runs near the village. It is a meet for the Worcestershire hounds. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1779."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]