ASKHAM RICHARD: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"ASKHAM RICHARD, a parish in the ainsty of the city, and East riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles W.S.W. from York, containing 249 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £4. 13. 4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of R. J. Thompson., Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]