Hide

Guisborough Congregational Church History

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

GUISBOROUGH:
Guisborough Congregational Church History up to 1868.

Source=h:/!Genuki/RecordTranscriptions/NRY/CongChurches.txt

GUISBOROUGH.

This congregation was formed in 1811.

Lazenby was at one time united with it. Among the ministers have been-

  • 1826. Rev. S. BLAIR.
  • 1832. Rev. J. GIBSON.
  • 1833. Rev. W. HAGUE (Hoxton Acy.).
  • Circ. 1857. Rev. D. W. PURDON (Cotton End).
  • 1865. Rev. S. TROTMAN, the present minister (in 1868).
Hutton-Locras is a branch of this station.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.