HUTTONS AMBO: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"HUTTONS AMBO, a parish in the wapentake of BULMER, North riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles S.W. from New Malton, consisting of High and Low Hutton, and-containing 445 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cleveland, and diocese of York, endowed with £400 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £300 parliamentary grant, -and in the patronage of the Archbishop of York. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]