Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: BIRKINSHAW. Church dedication: CHAPEL.
Morley wapentake. Population, 2,800, vide Birstal ; Chapel-room, 708 *1; Net value, £22.
Patron, the Vicar of Birstal.
Built under the Parliamentary grant.
Augmented in 1834 with £200 and £200, to meet benefactions and subscriptions of £400, and £200 by lot.
Architecture Gothic, with tower and spire. First stone laid 23rd September 1829. Cost, £2,929. 5s. 6d. No district has yet been assigned. -Vide 11th Report, page 3.
No glebe house.
Register Books. -No return.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Bradford.
*1 Of which 315 are free sittings.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.