CROFTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"CROFTON, a parish in the lower division of the wapentake of AGBRIGG, West riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles E.S.E. from Wakefield, containing 459 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £ 10. 0.2., and in the patronage of the King, as Duke of Lancaster. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a small cruciform structure in the later English style, with a low central tower."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]