The North Parade Church, Halifax, also commemorates the labours of the same ardent evangelist. In the course of his itinerating ministry he preached at Halifax in the house of Mr. Hutchinson. The converts thus won were, in 1773, united in Church fellowship at Queensbury, and maintained preaching services at Halifax. In 1775 a chamber was hired in Gaol Lane, but "few attended except when Mr. Taylor preached." Ground was bought at Haley Hill and a chapel built. In 178o, Mr. Bates was invited to the pastorate, but offence at his doctrinal views resulted in his speedy resignation. The cause became a separate Church of thirty members in 1782, and in 1783 they invited Dan Taylor to leave his prosperous work at Birchcliffe for their pastorate. He remained with them until his removal to London in 1785.
For the next forty years the Church passed through depressing experiences, but, in 1823, Mr. Jonathan Ingham began a pastorate, which, at its conclusion, in 1833, left the Church full of life and service. A removal to a more favourable part of the town was desirable and, in 1854, "North Parade" was opened. In that year Rev. Robert Ingham became pastor, and continued until 1862, when he resigned to devote himself to authorship. His successor was Rev. Chas. Clark, whose brilliant gifts drew great crowds to the chapel. In 1866, Rev. Richard Ingham accepted the senior pastorate, with Mr. T. H. Atkinson, of Chilwell College, as his junior colleague. In 1858, the failing cause at Ovenden had been taken under the Church's care, and in 1863, a new cause was undertaken at West Vale. During the last half century the Church has been served by Isaac Preston (1868-76); W. Dyson (1878-87); Carey Hood (1888-1903), and D. T. Patterson (1904-12). Although the expansion of the town has greatly altered the surroundings of the Church, it has been quick to shape its methods to the new conditions, with most auspicious results.