Hide

Goole Congregational Church History

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

GOOLE:
Goole Congregational Church History up to 1868.

Source=h:/!Genuki/RecordTranscriptions/WRY/CongChurches.txt

GOOLE.*
(CONGREGATIONAL).

The chapel at Goole was erected in the year 1831, and opened 12th April, 1832. The pastors have been-
  • December 28, 1828. Rev. H. EARL. Mr. E. was a missionary under the West Riding Missionary Society. He commenced his labours in a room of the Lowther Hotel. Mr. E died June 13, 1846.
  • January 25, 1846. Rev. E. HUNT. Mr. H. was at first assistant-minister. He afterwards became pastor. He resigned June 26, 1852. The present chapel is a re-erection; it was opened March 14, 1847.
  • May 25, 1854. Rev. SAMUEL GLADSTONE, from Horncastle. Mr. G. is the present minister (in 1868).

NOTES:-
* Communicated,


Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.