Hide

Thrybergh, Yorkshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

THRYBERGH:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.

"THRYBERGH, (or Thribergh), a parish in the S. division of Strafforth wapentake, West Riding county York, 3 miles N.E. of Rotherham, its post town. The village is situated on the river Don, and on the high road from Rotherham to Doncaster. The parish includes the hamlet of Dalton. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of York, value £329. The church is dedicated to St. Leonard. The parochial charities produce about £32 per annum, which go towards the support of Hedge's and Finch's schools. J. Fullerton, Esq., is lord of the manor and sole landowner. Thribergh Park is the principal residence."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013