[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"WARMSWORTH, a parish-town, in the lower-division of Strafforth and Tickhill; (Warmsworth Hall, the residence of Francis Offley Edmunds, Esq.) 3 miles SW. of Doncaster, 5 from Tickhill, 9 from Rotherham, 40 from York. Pop. 335. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to St. Peter, in the deanry of Doncaster, value, ~£6. 10s. 10d. Patron, William Wrightson of Cusworth, Esq. A small part of this village is in the parish of Doncaster.
Here, the celebrated George Fox, and his friends, held their meetings at the first rising of the Quakers, "till they were persecuted by the parish priest." Being thus driven away, they removed to Balby, where they assembled occasionally, for some years, and till a convenient building for that purpose, together with a burial place, was provided. --Miller's History of Doncaster."
"BUTTERBUSK, a farm-house in the township and parish of Warmsworth, 4 miles SW. of Doncaster."
- Transcript of the entry for Warmsworth in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Warmsworth.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory and Gazetteer, Vol I, West Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Warmsworth to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE560007 (Lat/Lon: 53.500025, -1.157253), Warmsworth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.