County of Armagh - Genealogy - Families
NLI = the National Library of Ireland, Dublin.
PRONI = the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland, Belfast.
QUB = Queen's University, Belfast.
- Burns papers, Brackley [Keady or Kilclooney parish?], Co. Armagh (PRONI ref. D/376)
- Campbell, Barry Laurence (1939-), From Armagh to Parkes, a history of the Clarke, Brown, Campbell, Tanswell, Johnstone, Davis and Cresswell families, B.L. Campbell, Lane Cove, N.S.W., 1990 (NLI)
- Clarkson, Leslie A. and E.M. Crawford, Ways to wealth: the Cust family of eighteenth century Armagh, Ulster Society for Historical Studies, Belfast, 1985 (NLI, QUB)
- Durning, William P., If you're a wee bit Irish: a chart of old Irish families collected from folk tradition, Irish Family Names Society, La Mesa, Calif., 1978
- Davidson, Armagh, papers (PRONI ref. D/250)
- Dawson family, the 'select genealogy' of, in the Introduction to the Dartrey papers, pages 4-5 (PRONI)
- Gardiner family, Papers of the Gardiner family, ca. 1667-1898 (NLI)
- Hall (Armagh and Loughgall) papers (PRONI ref. D/2041)
- Hamilton papers, Corrinare, Co. Armagh (PRONI ref. D/1879)
- Hand, Robert Stephens, Those members of the Davison/Davidson Family who descended from William and Elizabeth Davison of County Armagh, Ireland, and settled in North Carolina and Tennessee, and later in Mississippi, Texas and elsewhere, Robert Stephens Hand, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, 1991(NLI)
- Jensen, Mary, Letters Home , from Review - Journal of the Craigavon Historical Society, Vol. 7 No. 3
- Johnston family, Kilmore, Co. Armagh papers (PRONI ref. D/2199)
- Johnston papers, Armagh and Londonderry (PRONI ref. D/3631)
- Johnston, Armagh, papers (PRONI ref. D/3003)
- Jones, Henry Z. (1940-), The Palatine families of Ireland, 2nd ed., Picton Press, Camden, Me., 1990
- Loftie, William Mrs., Memorabilia - Volume 2, 1812-1839 (NLI)
- McCorry, Francis X., Infant mortality in Northern Irish Provincial Towns, with particular reference to Lurgan, Portadown and Ballymena in the inter-war period, Review - Journal of the Craigavon Historical Society, Vol. 5 No. 1
- McKenna George and John, Armagh, papers (PRONI ref. D/2842)
- McLaughlin, Armagh, documents (PRONI ref. T/2097)
- Mullan James, Armagh, papers (PRONI ref. D/1652)
- North of Ireland Family History Society - site map
- Irish Pedigrees, Vol. I, from Irish Pedigrees; or, the Origin and Stem of the Irish Nation, by John O'Hart, 5th ed., 1892 - hosted by Library Ireland -- scroll down to the chapters pertaining to the province of Ulster.
- Seaver, George (1890-), The history of the Seaver family, formerly of Heath hall in the county of Armagh, and their connections, printed for private circulation by Dundalgan Press, Dundalk, 1950 (NLI)