"Cork, a county of Ireland, in the province of Munster, 80 m. long and 50 broad; bounded on the W by the Kerry and the Atlantic, N by Limerick, E by Waterford, and S by St George's channel. It sends 8 members to parliament, is divided into 232 parishes, and has about 702,000 inhabitants. It is very fertile, and has two considerable rivers, the Blackwater and the Lee."
[From The New London Gazetteer (1826)]
The transcription for this county from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- The Fianna website's pages for County Cork provide important addresses and extensive information about online and other genealogy resources.
- The Ireland Genealogy Project's County Cork page, and its listing of the Project's available Cork Records.
- The Irish Ancestors website (subscription) has the following types of records: State Registration of Births, Marriages & Deaths, Census returns, Land records, Church records, Genealogical Office records, Gravestone inscriptions, Directories, Newspapers, Wills, Deeds, and Occupations.
- Irish Ancestors' extensive County Cork website.
- The LDS FamilySearch Wiki's Ireland Online Genealogy Records for County Cork.
- Roots Ireland (subscription) "offers access to a unique database of more than 20 million Irish records". Its Cork (North and East) coverage includes Baptismal/Birth Records, Marriage Records, Burial/Death Records, Gravestone Inscriptions, Griffith's Valuation (Free Access), and Census Substitutes.
- Graham Jaunay's On-line Irish Names Research Directory
- On-line Irish Names Research Directory - surname listing for this county
- WorldGenWeb - Cork
- The irishgenealogy.ie website, a free service of the National Archives of Ireland, provides church records for Parishes in western and north-western areas of County Cork.
- The Cork Examiner - electronic edition
Ardmore Journal (annual),
Mr. J.J. Quain, Garry Rhu, Windsor Hill, Glounthane, Co. Cork
Ballincollig Community School Local History Society Journal (annual)
Ballincollig, Co. Cork
Bandon HIstorical Journal (annual),
Mr. P. Cunniffe, Bandon Local HIstory Society, Bawnishal, Hare Hill,
Bandon, Co. Cork
Cork Historical and Archaeological Society Journal (annual),
Mr. P Holohan, Ballysheey Lodge, Cloigheen, Co. Cork
Cork Holly Bough (annual),
The Manager, Cork Examiner, 95 Patrick Street, Cork
Kinsale Historical Journal (annual),
Mrs. N. Hickey, Church Square, Kinsale, Co.Cork
Mallow Field Club Journal (annual),
The Secretary, Mallow Field Club, Mallow, Co. Cork
Seanchas Duthalla Diarmuid Uas Us Cadhla,
Cullen, Mallow, Co. Cork