"Kiltorkin", a parish, in the barony of Knocktopher, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster; containing 176 inhabitants. This parish comprises 1012 statute accres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Knocktopher. In the R. C. divisions it part of the union or district of Ballyhale.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]