CLOUNCREW, or CLUINCINNO, a parish, in the barony of UPPER-CONNELLO-EAST, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (N. E.) from Drumcolloher, on the road to Ballyegran; containing 270 inhabitants. It comprises 1663 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, part of which is under tillage, producing good crops, and the remainder pasture and meadow. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Limerick, and is held in commendam by the bishop: the tithes amount to £72. There is neither church, chapel, glebe-house, nor glebe. The Protestant parishioners attend the parish church of Kilmeedy. In the R. C. divisions it is united to Drumcolloher. On the bank of the river are some remains of the old church, which was destroyed in the war of 1641.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.
The transcription of the section for this parish from the National Gazetteer (1868), provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cloncrew to another place.
You can see maps centred on OSI grid reference R3935224791 (Lat/Lon: 52.371775, -8.891183), Cloncrew which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- Bing (was Multimap)
539352,624791and paste it into the search box at Ordnance Survey Ireland.
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)