"DRUMMULLY, a parish partly in the barony of Coole, in the county of Fermanagh, and partly in the barony of Dartree, in the county of Monaghan, province of Ulster, Ireland, 3 miles S.W. of Clones, its post town. It is situated on the road from Dublin to Enniskillin. The surface has large tracts of bog, and is traversed by the river Finn. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Clogher, value £376, in the patronage of the bishop. Here are a small church and two day schools; one of them connected with the Kildare Place Society. Considerable alterations were made in 1804 with regard to the parochial boundaries. The residences are Farm Hill and Carra House. Limestone is abundant."
Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868