ENORELY, or ENERILEY, a parish, in the barony of ARKLOW, county of Wicklow, and province of LEINSTER, on the road from Arklow to Wicklow, and on the eastern coast, opposite the Arklow sand-bank, 4 miles (N. by E.) from Arklow; containing 874 inhabitants, and comprising 4574 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, with a considerable, tract of sandy coast.
The gentlemen's seats are Buckroney House, the residence of M. McDonald, Esq.; Kilpatrick, of J.Byrne, Esq.; and Ballyrogan, of E. Byrne, Esq. It in a ree tory, in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, separated from Arklow, by act of council in 1813, and now forming part of the union of Kilbride: the tithes amount to £110. A small part of the parish is included within the perpetual curacy of Redcross. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Newbridge and Baronisky. On the grounds of Kilpatriek are two ruths or moats. The church is in ruins.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.