"ASCOG, bay, village, lake, and estate on east side of Bute Island, Buteshire. The bay is about 1½ miles south-east of Rothesay. The village is chiefly a long chain of villas and ornate cottages, and has a post office under Rothesay, and a Free church. The lake lies adjacent, and has an area of 75¼ acres. The estate, with mansion, was sold in 1876 for £39,420."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ascog to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ascog has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS099629 (Lat/Lon: 55.821837, -5.036802), Ascog which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)