"KILCHATTAN BAY, village and bay, 6 miles south of Rothesay, Isle of Bute. The village has a post office under Rothesay. Pop. 343. The bay has a half moon form, measures about 1½ mile across the mouth, and has a pier, erected in 1880. Plans were formed in 1880 for a large hotel, several villas, and a water supply."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kilchattan Bay to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kilchattan Bay has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS100550 (Lat/Lon: 55.750968, -5.029002), Kilchattan Bay which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)