"GARELOCHHEAD, village and quoad sacra parish in Dumbartonshire. The village stands at head of Gareloch, 7½ miles north-west of Helensburgh, and has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, under Helensburgh, a hotel, a steamboat pier, Established and Free churches, and a public school with about 98 scholars. Pop. of the village, 419; of the quoad sacra parish, 733."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Garelochhead to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Garelochhead has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS239909 (Lat/Lon: 56.078179, -4.830787), Garelochhead which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)