"LANGBANK, village and quoad sacra parish on north verge of Renfrewshire. The village stands adjacent to the Clyde, 4¼ miles east-south-east of Port Glasgow; includes a chain of new ornate cottages; and has a post office under Port Glasgow, a railway station, Established and United Presbyterian churches, and a commodious school. Pop. of the village, 322; of the quoad sacra parish, 575."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Langbank to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Langbank has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS383732 (Lat/Lon: 55.924399, -4.59001), Langbank which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)