"LANGBANK, village and quoad sacra parish on north verge of Renfrewshire. The village stands adjacent to the Clyde, 4¼ miles east-south-east of Port Glasgow; includes a chain of new ornate cottages; and has a post office under Port Glasgow, a railway station, Established and United Presbyterian churches, and a commodious school. Pop. of the village, 322; of the quoad sacra parish, 575."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]