"LLANBABO, a parish in the hundred of Tal-y-Bolion, county Anglesey, 2 miles N.W. of Llanerchymedd, its post town, and 11 from Holyhead. It is a small agricultural place. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory of Llanddeusant, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Pabo, one of the early princes of Wales, who is said to have founded a church here in 460, upon the site of which the present one is built. His tomb is still pointed out in the church." [From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Llanbabo Church. 1902 ?. Appeal in aid of the restoration fund. Also restoration fund : subscription list, (including promises).
- Owen, Hugh. Yr henafiaethydd : henafiaethau Cemmaes, Llanfechell, Llanbabo, Cemlyn, Llanfairynghornwy, Tregele, Carreglefn, &c., yn nghyd a hanes sefydliad Derwyddiaeth yn Mon. Amlwch : D. Jones, 1890. 94p
Neil Summers' Amlwch data site has a Memorial index for St Pabo
Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanbabo Parish; Statistics; Area 1743 acres; Population 86 males, 81 females, total 167
Joyce Hinde has supplied a list of Parish Registers held at Anglesey Record Office.
A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis, 1833
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Llanbabo to another place.
Owen family, Fferam Isaf, Llanbabo, papers - details of extant records on Archives Network Wales
You can see the administrative areas in which Llanbabo has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Held at Anglesey Record Office (NRA);
- Llanbabo land tax;- 1744-1814: assessments
- Llanbabo Parish;- 1740-1986: records
- Llanbabo tithes;- 1925-34: Tithe Rent Charge account books
- Llanbabo window tax;- 1760: assessments
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SH375868 (Lat/Lon: 53.353365, -4.443154), Llanbabo which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)