Salem Chapel, Rachub
Salem (Caellwyngrydd) built in 1836/7 at a cost of £100.
In 1875 there was a disagreement between the Chapel elders regarding expansion of the chapel and a plot of land was purchased for this purpose. However, many insisted on building a new chapel - the prevailing opinion. A plot of land measuring 48 x 35 yards situated between the settlement at Caellwyngrydd and the parish Church was obtained on a lease from Lord Penrhyn. A new Chapel (50 x 35 yards) was built with a capacity of 254 at a total cost of £917. It (Salem - Rachub) opened in 1877.
[The Records suggest that the Wesleyans Capel Salem existed on two different sites , the first described as Salem (Caellwyngrydd) and the other as Salem (Rachub).]
Following the closure of the chapel many members joined Capel Carmel.
Caellwyngrudd, Ffordd Llanllechid,
- The entry for this church on the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) website (Coflein).
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)