The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"COMMITMAEN, a hundred in the south-western part of the county of Carnarvon; contains Bardsey-Isle, Llandegwning, Rhiw, Aberdaron, Bodferin, Pen-llech, Llanengan, Myllteyrn, Bryncroes, Llan-faelrhys, and Llangwnadle."
"CREUDDYN, a hundred in the county of Carnarvon, contains the parishes of Llandudno, Eglwys-Rhos, Llangwstennin, Llys-faen, and part of Llandrillo-yn-Rhos."
"DINLAEN, a hundred in the county of Carnarvon, contains the borough of Nevin, and the parishes of Bodvean, Aber-Erch; Ceidio, Llandwdwen, Edeyrn, Pistil, Llaniestyn, Tydweiliog, and part of Llamnor."
"EVIONYDD HUNDRED, one of the subdivisions of county Carnarvon. It is situated in the southern part of the county, and contains the parishes of Beddgelert, Criccieth, Dol-ben-maen with Penmorfa, Llanarmon with Llangybi, Llanfihangel-y-Pennant, Llangybi, Llanystyn-dwy, Penmorfa, Tref-llys, and Ynys-cynhaiarn with Criccieth. It gives name to a deanery in the archdeaconry of Merioneth and diocese of Bangor."
"GAFFLOGIAN HUNDRED, one of the subdivisions of Carnarvonshire, North Wales. It is situated in the south-western part of the county, and contains the borough of Pwllheli, and the parishes of Bottwnog, Garn-giwch, Denio, Llan-bedrog, Llanfihangel-Bachellaeth, Llangian, Penrhos, and part of Llannor."
"GWRFAI, a small river, county Carnarvon. It rises under Snowdon, and falls into the Menai Straits, near Llanfaglan."
"IS-GORFAI, a hundred in the county Carnarvon, contains the county town of Carnarvon, and the parishes of Bettws-Garmon, Llanbeblig, Llanberis, Llan-ddeiniolen, Llanfaglan, Llanfair-is-Gaer, Llanrug, and part of Beddgelert."
"ISAF, a hundred in the county Carnarvon, contains the parishes of Caerhun, Conway, Gyffin, Llanbedr-y-Cennin, Llangelynin, and part of Eglwys-Fach."
"LAVAN SANDS, in Beaumaris Bay, county Caernarvon. They extend for above 5 miles along the coast from Bangor towards the N.E., and are 4 miles over at the Aber ferry to Anglesey, being dry at low water."
"LEDAN, a river rising under Snowdon, county Carnarvon, and joins the Conway at Waterloo Bridge."
"LLEDER, a stream rising under Mount Shabod, in county Carnarvon, and falling into the Conway."
"LLEYN, an ancient district in the south-western part of county Carnarvon. It gives name to a deanery in the archdeaconry of Merioneth, and diocese of Bangor."
"LLYDER VAWR, a ridge of Snowdonia in county Carnarvon, near Llanberis, attaining an altitude of near 3,000 feet."
"LLYFNANT, a stream rising on the borders of county Carnarvon and Montgomery, under Llyn Penrhiadr, and forms the cascade of Pistyll-y-Llynn."
"MACHNO, a feeder of the river Conway, rising in county Carnarvon."
"NANT CONWAY, a hundred in the county of Carnarvon, contains the parishes of Bettws-y-Coed, Dolwyddelan, Llan-Rhychwyn, Penmachno, Trefriw, and parts of Llanrwst and Yspytty."
"NANT-GWRTHEYRN, a dell under Yr Eifl Mountain, in county Carnarvon, 3 miles N.E. of Nevern, supposed to be the burial-place of the British chieftain Vortigern, who died here of his wounds in 465."
"NANTLLE, a small lake in county Carnarvon, 5 miles S. of Carnarvon. It is situated under Mynydd Mawr, and forms the source of the river Llyfni."
"NANTPERIS, a pass near Llanberris, county Caernarvonshire. It lies between Snowdon and Glider Fawr."
"OGWEN, a small lake and river of the county of Carnarvon, rises near Capel Curig, and falls into the sea near Bangor."
"PARWYD, a cove in Aberdaron Bay, county Carnarvon. It is celebrated for its steep cliffs, which in many places rise 600 feet above the sea."
"RIVEL, (or Yr Eifl), a lofty summit of the Clynnog range, county Carnarvon, 5 miles N.E. of Nevin. It attains an elevation of 1,866 feet above sea-level."
"TRAETH MAUR, a creek in Cardigan Bay, county Carnarvon, near Tremadoc."
"UCHAF, a hundred, county Carnarvon, contains the parishes of Aber, Dwygyfylchi, Llanllechid, Llandegni, and Llanfair-fechan, and is the property of the crown."
"UWCH GORFAI, a hundred, county Carnarvon, contains the parishes of Clynnog, Llanaelhaiarn, Llandwrog, Llanllyfni, and Llanwnda."
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]