Skip to main content
- Church/chapel records on the individual parish pages use the following abbreviations;
PR=Parish Register. C=Christening. M=Marriage. B=Burial. (The words Christening and Baptism are interchangeable.)
- Extant Parish Registers are held at the National Library of Wales [ NLW], copies of most are also held at Ceredigion Archives [Cer.RO].
- Bishops Transcripts (BTs) are held at the NLW
- The exact details of each parish's extant records have been verified with those shown in Cofrestri Plwyf Cymru: Parish Registers of Wales (National Index of Parish Registers, Vol. 13). National Library of Wales, 2nd edition, 2000.
- There are some references to records included in the I.G.I, (eg. I.G.I Baptisms 1811-74). This data comes from the Rawlins book, see below.
- Although not specifically shown on parish pages Dyfed FHS have published indexes of all CGN marriages for the period 1813-1837.
- Nonconformist abbreviations used ; CM=Calvinistic Methodist. WM=Wesleyan Methodist. Unit.=Unitarian. Ind.= Independent.
- Nonconformist chapel details are based on B J Rawlins, The Parish Churches and Nonconformist Chapels of Wales: Their Records and where to Find them, Vol. One, Cardigan - Carmarthen - Pembroke. 1987.
- Reference has also made to relevant entries in the NLW book Cofrestri Anghydffurfiol Cymru : Nonconformist Registers of Wales, 1994. It should be born in mind that the latter book and also the Rawlins book, are well out of date. I know that when the latest (2000) version of Parish Registers of Wales was published there were a great many changes from the previous 1986 edition.
Therefore all chapel records information shown on the parish pages should be used as guidance only and the current position must be confirmed with the Archives .
- Genuki is indebted to the NLW and Bert Rawlins