The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANGYBY, a parish in the hundred of Moyddyn, county Cardigan, 4 miles N.E. of Lampeter, its post town, and 7 S.W. of Tregaron. It is a small rustic place. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £60. The church is dedicated to St. Cybi. An Independent chapel was founded here in 1772. There are also two Calvinistic Methodist chapels. In the vicinity are remains of an ancient British camp."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018