The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"PENBRYN, (or Pembryn), a parish in the hundred of Troedyraur, county Cardigan, 9 miles from Cardigan, its post town, and 7 N.W. of Newcastle-in-Emlyn. It is situated on Cardigan Bay, and contains the British camps of Castel Nadolig and Castel Pwntan. There is a small bathing village at Traeth Saith. The living is a vicarage with the curacies of Bettws-Evan and Brongwyn, in the diocese of St. David's, value £300, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an ancient structure, in which is an old font, and near it an inscription. There is a place of worship for the Methodists. Coins and tumuli have been found in the neighbourhood.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018