Dyfed FHS have photographs and data relating to various churches and chapels on their site
Most of this parish was in Carmarthenshire [partly in Pembrokeshire]. Church closed 1981. Diocesan records suggest that c1790 this parish had registers going back to 1701.
Parish registers: Christenings (1800-1978), Marriages (1754-1963), and Banns (1800-12) are at the National Library of Wales with Mf copies at Pem.RO
Copy ts PR [extracts] CMB (1771-1904) at NLW
Copy ts PR C (1813-75) M (1754-1875) B (1813-75) arranged alphabetically, at Pem.RO
Copy ts PR/BT M pre 1813 with index , at NLW and Pem.RO
Bishops' Transcripts, covering the period (1676, 1678-81, 1683, 1685-9, 1702-3, 1705, 1799-1807, 1809-57, 1861, 1864-5, 1868-70, 1872-4) are at the National Library of Wales, and have been microfilmed by the LDS.
Marriage index for this parish - see Dyfed Marriages, 1813-1837, Vol. 7 - Cilgerran Hundred (Dyfed Family History Society, c1989).
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg (under Pem)
- Clawddcoch Baptist Church - built in 1905. coflein
- Pantteg (Baptist, 17th C), near Capel Iwan Records with those of Rhydwilm Chapel (Llandissilio) SN29403613 Built 1764, rebuilt/modified 1843 & 1900 Not still in use in 1998 Coflein
- Rehoboth (Baptist, 1799), Pont Wedwst Registers (1877-85), accounts (1896-1900) NLW SN285356 Built 1808 & rebuilt/modified 1859. Disused by 1993. Coflein
- Blaen-Cych Independent Sunday School - By 1998 it had been converted into a private dwelling. coflein
- Bryn Iwan (Independent, 1852), Crug Evan [right on border with Conwil Elfed parish] Records with those of Capel-y-graig (Trelech a'r Betws) SN31643145 Built 1852 & rebuilt/modified 1886. 1998 still open Coflein On Dyfed FHS (under Cynwyl Elfet) Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Gareth Hicks (Oct 2008)
- Capel Iwan /Ifan/Evan (Independent, bef 1723): members (1787-1885) Carmarthenshire RO, and records with those of Capel-y-graig (Trelech a'r Betws) SN2897362 Built 1723 & rebuilt/modified 1795; present chapel built 1846 & rebuilt/modified 1883 1998 still in use Coflein Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Maureen Saycell (Jan 2011)
- TANGLWYS INDEPENDENT SUNDAY SCHOOL, TANGLWYS - In 1998 the building was still in Sunday School use. coflein
- BRYN MORIAH PENTECOSTAL CHURCH (EVANGELICAL), BRYN IWAN The chapel was built in 1913 and extended in 1988. Status (1998): chapel coflein