The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANDEGLA, a parish in the hundred of Yale, county Denbigh, 7 miles S.E. of Ruthin, its post town, and 8 from Llangollen. It is situated on the river Alyn, which rises in this parish, at the foot of the lofty hill called Cyrn-y-Brain. The parish includes the townships of Trer-Llan and Trefydd Bycharn. Near the village is a holy well, supposed to be efficacious in the cure of epilepsy. In the neighbourhood is the old house of Plas Bodidris, an ancient seat of the Vaughans of Corsygedol. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £95, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Tecla. Fairs are held on the 10th March, 6th May, 23rd June, 4th August, and 26th October, for the sale of cattle, &c."
"TREFYDD-BYCHARN, a township in the parish of Llandegla, county Denbigh, 5 miles N. of Llangollen."
"TRER LLAN, a township in the parish of Llandegla, county Denbigh, 8 miles W. of Wrexham."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018