TREMEIRCHION

In 1868, the parish of Tremeirchion contained the following places:

"TREMEIRCHION, (or Dymeirchion), a parish in the hundred of Rhuddlan, in the county of Flint, 3 miles S.E. of St. Asaph. It is situated in the Vale of Clwyd, and contains the hamlets of Bachygraig, Bryngwyn, Graig, Llan, and Maenefa. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £240, in the patronage of the bishop.

"BACHYGRAIG, a township in the parish of Tremeirchion, hundred of Rhuddlan, in the county of Flint, North Wales, not far from St. Asaph. Here is an old mansion which was the residence of Mrs. Thrale, the friend of Dr. Johnson. It was erected in 1567 by Sir R. Clough."

"BRYNGWYN, a township in the parish of Tremeirchion, hundred of Rhuddlan, in the county of Flint, North Wales, 3 miles to the E. of St. Asaph."

"GRAIG, a township in the parish of Tremeirchion, county Flint, 3 miles S.E. of St. Asaph."

"LLAN, a township in the parish of Tremeirchion, hundred of Rhuddlan, county Flint, 3 miles S.E. of St. Asaph. It is situated in the Vale of Clwyd."

"MAENEFA, a township in the parish of Tremeirchion, county Flint, 3 miles S.E. of St. Asaph."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018