Llanmorlais in the Parish of Llanrhidian
"Llanmorlais, on the north coast, was a cockling village. The name Llanmorlais is not a true Llan place name, but a corruption of the village's old name, Glan Morlais, which refers to the banks of Morlais Stream." wikipedia
" ... There are Calvinistic Methodist chapels at Llanrhidian, Llanmorlais and Crofty, ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Llanmorlais in the Parish of Llanrhidian to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Llanmorlais in the Parish of Llanrhidian has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS528947 (Lat/Lon: 51.631799, -4.128235), Llanmorlais in the Parish of Llanrhidian which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Reference to coal and Thomas Mansel Talbot's land at Llanmorlais in 1768 - on Wales - Genealogy Help Pages
Details of extant records on Archives Network Wales for the following;
- "Llanmorlais School was known as Cwm-Cynor School until 1897 Log book of Llanmorlais School, 1893-1935."