Birchgrove in the Parish of Llansamlet
"BIRCHGROVE, a small village in this parish, is about 1 mile east. The church of St. John, a chapel of ease to St. Samlet, erected in 1890-1 at a cost of £1700 is a stone building with Bath stone dressings in the Gothic style, ... There are Calvinistic Methodist, Congregational and Welsh Apostolic chapels. ..." [From Kelly's South Wales Directory 1923 (ArchiveCDBooks) - transcribed by Gareth Hicks]
The church is dedicated to St. John, is in the Benefice of Llansamlet, and the diocese of Swansea and Brecon. Details of the present incumbent of this benefice can be found at the Church in Wales website. The church can be located at grid reference SS705986.
|Anglican Parish Registers|
|No Registers have been deposited yet|
|Non Conformist Registers Deposited at West Glamorgan Archive Service (WGAS)||
|Chapel||Baptisms||Marriages||Burials||OS Map Ref||
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Birchgrove in the Parish of Llansamlet to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Birchgrove in the Parish of Llansamlet has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Birchgrove Estate 1913 - on the People's Collection Wales site
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SS705986 (Lat/Lon: 51.671202, -3.874097), Birchgrove in the Parish of Llansamlet which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)