In 1868, the parish of Llantrithyd contained the following places:
"LLANTRITHYD, a parish in the hundred of Dinas Powis, county Glamorgan, 3 miles S.E. of Cowbridge, its post town, and 9 S.W. of Cardiff. Here was a castle in the 12th century, belonging to Hywel ab Jestyn, who received the domain from Fitz-Hamon. The fortress was destroyed. Calamine, lead, limestone, and manganese are obtained here. The village is small. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Llandaff, value £165. The church, dedicated to St. Illtyd, contains monumental effigies of the Basset family, to whom the old hall, a Tudor edifice, and now a heap of ruins, belonged. Llantrithyd Park is the seat of the Aubrey family, descendants of St. Aubrey, who came over with William the Conqueror."