1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Dinas contained the following places:
"DINAS, a parish in the hundred of Kemess, in the county of Pembroke, 24; miles N.W. of Newport. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £136, in the patronage of Thomas Lloyd, Esq. There are also several villages of the same name in other parts of Wales: one in the county of Glamorgan, 2 miles N.W. of Llantrisaint; another in the county of Brecon, near Llanwrtyd; and a third in the county of Carnarvon, 4 miles S.W. of Carnarvon."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018