In 1868, the parish of Lamphey contained the following places:
"LAMPHEY, (or Llanfydd), a parish in the hundred of Castlemartin, county Pembroke, 2 miles S.E. of Pembroke, its post town. It is a station on the Pembroke and Tenby railway. The village, which is irregularly built, has the ruins of Bishop Gower's palace, erected in 1335. It was given by Henry VIII. to Devereux, Viscount Hereford. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value £97, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, formerly part of the palace of the bishops of St. David's, is dedicated to St. Faith. The aforementioned ruins are enclosed within the garden of Lamphey Court, the modern mansion of C. Mathias, Esq., who holds the manor through the Owens. The ruins consist in part of a chapel, with an E. window, and a hall 76 feet by 20. There are also parapeted walls, gateway, tower, &c., all of which were formerly surrounded by defensive walls. The ruins are situated at the bottom of a valley.