The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"ST. ELVIS, a parish in the hundred of Dewisland, county Pembroke, 10 miles N. of Haverfordwest. It is situated in the vicinity of St. Bride's Bay. There are some indications of silver, but not in sufficient quantity to be remuneratively worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £72, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church is dedicated to St. Teilant.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018