Cranwell is both a village and a parish 4 miles north-northwest of Sleaford. Brauncewell parish lies to the north, North Rauceby to the south and Fulbeck to the west. The parish covers just over 2,520 acres.
Parish boundaries have changed over the last two centuries. Go here to find the West Lindsey ward (modern parish) boundaries.
The village of Cranwell is small and lies mostly on the north side of the road that runs through the parish. If you are planning a visit:
- Take the A15 trunk road north out of Sleaford and turn west at the Cranwell turnoff onto the B1429 that runs out to the RAF base.
- Ken BROCKWAY has a photograph of the village centre at Geo-graph, taken in 2007.
- Accommodations can be found at the Byards Leap Cottage, Cranwell, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 8EY. Tel/Fax: 01400 261537.
- Visit our touring page for more sources.
You can see pictures of Cranwell which are provided by:
- See our "Maps" page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF033499 (Lat/Lon: 53.036391, -0.460870), Cranwell which are provided by: