GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Sutton St. James

Archives and Libraries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 611
1851 H.O. 107 / 2097
1861 R.G. 9 / 2326
1871 R.G. 10 / 3326
1891 R.G. 12 / 2566
Return to top of page

Church History

St. James Church

St. James Church wide shot

St. James Church tower

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Description and Travel

Sutton St. James is a parish and a village about 102 miles north of London, 3 miles south of the A17 trunk road that runs between King's Lynn and Holbeach. Gedney parish lies to the north and west and Tydd St. Mary parish to the east. The area is marshy fenland, drained by several small canals and the larger South Holland Main Drain.

If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 308
1831 391
1871 557
1881 605
1891 605
1901 572
1911 573
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Note: Sections marked (JB) were contributed by John R. G. Bland of Lincolnshire.

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

Last updated on 20-February-2014