"DOTTON, or DONITON, about 9 miles E.S.E. of Exeter, is an extra-parochial estate of 160 acres and 17 souls. It adjoins the parishes of Aylesbeare and Colaton Raleigh and belongs to the trustees of the late Lord Rolle. It had a chapel until the 13th century, and is now occupied by Wm. Pile, farmer; and Joel Carter, corn miller." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
According to Peskett this was an extra-parochial place, but is now part of Colaton Raleigh.
Dotton inhabitants were inncluded in the Bicton Census for 1841 and 1851 - here is a transcription of the 1841 census.