"St. Kerrian's Church, in North street, is a small, ancient, dilapidated building, which has not been used for divine service during the present century. Its rectory is consolidated with that of St. Petrock, and the joint benefices are valued in K.B. at £5. 18s. 6½d., and are now worth only about £150 per annum. The Dean and Chapter are patrons, and the Rev. Joseph Corfe, M.A., incumbent." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A small parish halfway between the North Gate and the Cathedral Close, its population in 1801 was 230.