"LUFFINCOT, a small parish in the Tamar valley, 6 miles S. of Holsworthy, has only 93 souls, and 990 acres of land, mostly the property of Miss Venner and John Spettigue, Esq., who are joint owners of the manor, and patrons of the rectory, valued in K.B. at £5. 6s. 8d., and in 1831 at £97. The Rev. Franke Parker, M.A., is the rector, and has 61 acres of glebe, and a good residence, rebuilt and enlarged a few years ago. The tithes were commuted, in 1842, for £68. 5s. per annum. Sir Wm. Molesworth has an estate in the parish. The Church (S. James,) is a small ancient structure. DIRECTORY :- Rev. F. Parker, M.A., Rectory: John and Edmund Spettigue, gentlemen, West Peek; A. Trible, farmer, Barton: and Wm Parkin, smith. " [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A parish in Black Torrington Hundred, the Archdeaconry of Totnes and the Diocese of Exeter.