“CHESTERFORD (LITTLE), a parish in the hundred
of UTTLESFORD, county of ESSEX, 3 miles (N. W.
by N.) from Saffron-Walden, containing 192 inhabitants.
The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage
of Great Chesterford, in the archdeaconry of Colchester,
and diocese of London, rated in the king's books at
£11. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.”
[From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]