Hereford: St Peter
"............ Besides the cathedral, the principal churches in Hereford are - All Saints, at the top of Eign-street, consisting of a nave, chancel, and side aisles, with a tower surmounted by a lofty spire - the living, value £180, in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Windsor; St. Martin's in the Ross-road, a cruciform building with a spire, and containing a stained-glass window; St. Nicholas, at the end of Victoria-street, having a massive square tower; St. Peter's, in St. Owen-street, founded by Walter de Lacy about 1080, consisting of a nave, chancel, N. and S. aisles, and a tower. ............" [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hereford: St Peter to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hereford: St Peter has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO514402 (Lat/Lon: 52.058037, -2.710246), Hereford: St Peter which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)