Hide

Tedstone Wafer, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"TEDSTONE-WAFER, a parish in the hundred of Broxash, county Hereford, 4 miles N.E. of Bromyard, its post town, and 14 from Worcester. A portion of the land is in hop-grounds. The soil is of a clayey and loamy nature, with a subsoil of limestone. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Edwin-Loach, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is ancient. There is a free school for both sexes. E. Higginson, Esq., is lord of the manor and sole landowner."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]