St Francis of Assisi, Hambleton, Roman Catholic
St Francis of Assisi,
It was founded in 1979.
On 9 July 1967 Mass was celebrated in Hambleton for the first time for more than 400 years. However, the sitting room of the Bolangaro family was too small and so future masses were held in the village hall. It was realised that the local Catholic community needed its own chapel and a field opposite to the village hall was bought in 1975.
On 31 March 1979 the Bishop of Lancaster blessed the new chapel and celebrated the first Mass.
The Church which has been unused since about 2017 was demolished 3 March 2020 to make way for houses.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)