Liverpool and Wirral churches (in 1902)
This list of Liverpool churches was extract from Gores 1902 Directory by Barbara Williams.
THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER AND THE PAROCHIAL CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS
- Cathedral Church of St Peter, Church Street, built in 1700
- St Nicholas's Church, Chapel Street, built 1360, body rebuilt 1776, tower rebuilt 1815
THE CHURCHES AND CHAPEL OF LIVERPOOL AND THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
- All Saints Church, Toxteth Park (Prince's park)
- All Saints Church, Great Nelson street, Consecrated 22nd December, 1848
- All Souls' Church, Eaton st, Vauxhall road, (New parish of Vauxhall) foundation stone laid by Charles Groves, Esq. 1st August 1854, consecrated 6th March, 1856
- Chapel of the School for the Blind, (Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary) built 1819, removed to Hardman Street and rebuilt 1850.
- Christ Church, Hunter Street, built 1797.
- Christ Church, Kensington, consecrated July 21, 1870
- Christ Church, Everton, Great Homer Street, Consecrated 1848
- Christ Church, Toxteth Park, Linnet lane, Sefton Park, Consecrated April 27, 1871
- Emmanuel Church, Everton, West Derby road, opened February 15, 1867
- Holy Innocents Church, Myrtle Street, In connexion with the Orphan Asylums, consecrated March 18, 1854.
- Holy Trinity Church, St Anne street, built 1792
- Holy Trinity Church, Toxteth park, Parliament street, built 1868 (1858??)
- Holy Trinity Church, Walton Breck, Breck road, built 1847.
- Holy Trinity (Parish) Church, Wavertree, Church road, built 1794
- MERSEY MISSION TO SEAMEN Seamen's Institute, Hanover street
Bootle Seamen's Institute
Birkenhead, Mission and Reading Room, West Float
Runcorn Seamen's Institute
Ellesmere Port, Mission Room
River Mersey S.Y. "Good Cheer"
- St Agnes' Church, Toxteth park, Ullet road (near Croxteth gate, Sefton park),
- St Aidan's Church, (late Victoria Road), Latham street, Stanley road, opened 27th June, 1856, consecrated 17th February, 1859. Removed and re-built by the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board in Latham street, Stanley road in 1875.
- St Alban's, Bevington Church, Limekiln-lane, Liverpool.
- St Ambrose Church, Everton, Prince Edwin st, erected 1871
- St Andrew's Church, Toxteth Park, Aigburth road. Built originally in Renshaw street, 1815. New church on present site in 1893.
- St Anne's Church (Richmond), Cazneau street, built 1772, re-built and consecrated in 1871, on a site close to.
- St Anne's Church, Stanley, Prescot road
- St Asaph's Welsh Church, Kirkdale
- St Athanasius's Church, Kirkdale, Fountains rd, consecrated 30 Nov, 1880
- St Augustine's Church, Everton, Shaw st, built 1830
- St Barnabas, Smithdown road (corner of Cramond avenue), Chapel of Ease to SS Matthew and James Church. Dedicated June 29, 1900.
- St Bartholomew's Church, Naylor street. Vauxhall, opened 9th Feb, 1841.
- St. Bede's Church, Toxteth Park, Hartington road, consecrated, May 1886.
- St. Benedict's Church, Everton, Kepler street.
- St. Bride's Church, Percy street, built 1830
- St. Bridget's (Chapel of Ease to Holy Trinity Parish Church, Wavertree), Bagot street.
- St. Catherine's Church, Abercromby square.
- St. Catherine's Church, Edge Hill, Tunnel road,.
- St. Chad's (Parish) Church, Everton valley.
- St. Chrysostom's Church, Everton, Aubrey street, built 1852, opened August 31, 1853.
- St. Clement's Church, Toxteth Park, Beaumont street, Windsor, consecrated June 1841.
- St. Cleopas Church, Toxteth Park, Beresford road.
- St. Columba's Church, Pleasant street, consecrated December 9, 1858.
- St. Cuthbert's Church, Everton, Robson st.
- St. Cyprian's, Edge Hill, Edge lane, built 1881.
- St. David's Church, Brownlow hill, built 1827.
- St. Deiniol's Church, Upper Parliament Street, dedicated June 14th, 1901.
- St. Dunstan's Church, Edge Hill, Earle road. Consecrated May 18th, 1889, built by the Earle Family.
- St. Gabriel's Church, Toxteth Park, Beaufort street, consecrated October 18th, 1884.
- St. George's Church, Everton, Heyworth street, built 1814. Restored and re-seated 1878.
- St. James's Church, Toxteth Park, Chesterfield st, opened 1775. Outside restored 1830, interior restored 1875.
- St. James Church, West Derby, Mill lane, built 1846, restored 1869.
- St. James-the-Less, Stanley road.
- St. John the Baptist's Church, Toxteth Park, Park road, consecrated 1832.
- St. John the Baptist Church, Tue Brook, West Derby road.
- St John the Divine's Church, Fairfield, Holly Road, Consecrated January 1852.
- St John the Evangelist Church, Everton, Richmond Terrace, Breck road, consecrated 6th February 1890.
- St John the Evangelist Church, Knotty Ash. Built 1835.
- St John the Evangelist Church, Walton, Rice lane. Consecrated Sept. 10, 1880.
- St Jude's Church, Hardwick street, built 1831, restored 1881-97 and 1901.
- St. Lawrence's Church, Kirkdale. Licensed Feb 17 1884. Consecrated Nov 1st 1893.
- St. Luke's Church, Berry Street, first stone laid April 9, 1811, consecrated 1831.
- St Luke the Evangelist Church, Walton, consecrated June 13, 1901.
- St Margaret's Church, Anfield, Belmont road, erected by the late Mr Alderman Preston.
- St Margaret's Church, Toxteth Park, Prince's road, Consecrated July 20, 1869,
- St Mark's Church, upper Duke street, built 1803.
- St Martin's in the Fields Church, Silvester street built 1828.
- St Mary's (Parish) Church, Edge Hill, built 1813.
- St Mary's Church, Kirkdale, built 1835.
- St Mary's Church, Wavertree, Sandown Park, built 1853.
- St Mary's (Parish) Church, Walton, County road, built 1326, re-building of New Church completed in 1842. Restored 1887.
- St Mary Magdalene Church, Kempston Street.
- St Mary the Virgin Parish Church, West Derby, The Village.
- St Matthew's Church, Scotland Road, consecrated 1848.
- St Matthew's Church, Toxteth Park, Hill street.
- St Matthias's Church, Great Howard street, built originally in Love lane 1833, removed to present site 1848. Present church consecrated April 17th, 1849.
- St Michael's Church, Upper Pitt street, first stone laid June 21, 1816, opened 1826.
- St Michael's Church, St Michael's Hamlet, St Michaels Road, built 1815.
- St Nathaniel Church, West Derby, Windsor, consecrated July 17, 1869
- St Pancras Church, Lidderdale road, Smithdown Road (Chapel of Ease to St Agnes).
- St Paul's Church, St Paul's square, built 1769.
- St Paul's Church, Prince's Park, Toxteth Park, built 1848.
- St Paul's Church, Kirkdale, North Shore, Kirkdale, consecrated July 18, 1868.
- St Peter's Church, Everton, Sackville street, opened February 14, 1850.
- St Peter's Church, Aintreet, Warbreck Moor. Opened Nov 1877.
- St Philemon's Church, Toxteth Park, Windsor st. Consecrated July 18th, 1874.
- St Philip's Church, Liverpool (removed from Hardman street).
- St Polycarp's Church, Everton, Netherfield road North.
- St Saviour's Church, Huskisson street, erected 1840, destroyed by fire February 4th 1900, rebuilt and opened July 12th 1901.
- St Saviour's Church, Everton, Breckfield road North, Consecrated October 21st, 1869.
- St Silas Church, Pembroke place, opened Oct. 1811.
- St Silas Parish Church, Toxteth Park, High Park st, consecrated September 1865
- St Simon Church, St Vincent street. Built and consecrated 1848, re-built and re-opened July 15, 1866, consecrated June 14, 1872.
- St Simon and St Jude's Parish Church, Anfield, Anfield road. Building commenced October 17th 1894. Church consecrated by the Bishop of Liverpool (Right Rev. Dr. Ryle) February 25th 1896.
- St Stephen's Church, Byrom street, consecrated 1870.
- St Stephen-the-Martyr Church, Edge Hill, Grove street, built 1851, removed and rebuilt 1882.
- St Thomas's Church, Park lane, built 1750.
- St Thomas's Church, Toxteth Park, Warwick street. Built 1840.
- St Timothy's Church, Everton, Rokeby street.
- St Titus's Church, Portland street, built 1864, consecrated 1865.
- Liverpool Workhouse Chapel, Brownlow Hill.
- Royal Infirmary, Pembroke place.
- West Derby Union Workhouse Chapel, Rice lane, Walton-on-the-Hill.
- West Derby Union Infirmary Chapel, Mill road, Everton
- West Derby Union Labour Test House, Belmont road.
IN THE OUT-TOWNSHIPS
- All Hallow's Church, Allerton, consecrated 10th August 1876. Built 1874 - 1876. Erected by the late John Bibby, Esq., Hart hill, Allerton.
- All Saint's Parish Church, Childwall.
- All Saint's Church, Stoneycroft, Broad Green road, built 1875.
- Christ Church, Bootle, Breeze hill, built 1866.
- Christ Church, Waterloo, Waterloo road, re-built 1892.
- St Anne's Church, Aigburth, built 1837.
- St Bartholomew's Church, Roby, built 1850.
- St Faith's Church, Crosby, Waterloo road North, consecrated 21 April 1900.
- St Hilda, Hunt's Cross (Chapel of Ease to St Peter's).
- St John's Church, Bootle, Brasenose road, built 1864.
- St John's Church, Waterloo, St John's road.
- St Leonard's Church, Bootle, Peel road, built and consecrated 1889.
- St Luke's Church, Great Crosby, Liverpool road, built 1853.
- St Mary's Church, Bootle, Derby road, built 1827.
- St Mary's Church, Grassendale, built 1853.
- St Mary the Virgin, Waterloo, Waterloo Park, nave unfinished. Consecrated 1886.
- St Matthew and St James's Church, Mossley Hill. Built 1870 - 1875. Consecrated June 23 1875.
- St Matthew's Church, Bootle, Stanley road, built 1891.
- St Michael's New Church, Garston, opened 1877.
- St Michael's Church, Huyton, Huyton lane.
- St Nicholas's Church, Blundellsands, Bridge road, Great Crosby. Consecrated by the Lord Bishop of Chester, Sept 25, 1874
- St Peter's New Church, Much Woolton, Church road, built 1877.
- St Philip's Church, Litherland, Orrell lane, opened for divine service in 1863.
- St Stephen's Church, Gateacre, Belle Vale road.
- St Thomas's Church, Seaforth, Church st, built 1815.
- Seamen's Orphan Institution Chapel, Orphan drive, Newsham park.
- All Saint's Church, Oxton (Chapel of Ease to St. Saviour's)
- Bromborough Pool Chapel (Price's Patent Candle Company Limited)
- Christ Church, Claughton, opened 1849 and consecrated in 1864.
- Christ Church, King's road, Higher Bebington, built 1858, consecrated 24th December 1859.
- Christ Church, Moreton, consecrated July 18??.
- Emmanuel, New Brighton, Sea Bank road, Liscard.
- Holy Ascension, Upton.
- Holy Cross Church, Woodchurch.
- Holy Trinity Church, Birkenhead, Price street, built 1838.
- Holy Trinity Church, Hoylake, built 1833, earliest register 18th January 1834.
- St Hildeburgh's (Chapel of Ease of Holy Trinity Church, Hoylake), opened 1899.
- St Andrew's Church, Lower Bebington, supposed to have been built 1110.
- St Anne's Church, Birkenhead, Beckwith street, built 1847.
- St Barnabas' Church, Bromborough, consecrated 1864.
- St Barnabas' Chapel, Primrose Hill, New Ferry.
- St Bede's Mission Church, Claughton Village. Opened and dedicated May 1, 1888.
- St Bridget's Parish Church, West Kirby, Church road.
- St Andrew's Mission Church (in connection with St Bridget, West Kirby), Meols drive, West Kirby.
- St Catharine's Church, Higher Tranmere, built 1831, re-built 1875.
- St Hilary Parish Church, Wallasey. Built 12th Century, destroyed by fire 1857, rebuilt 1859.
- St James's Church, Birkenhead, Laird Street, Opened 1858.
- St Luke's Mission Church, Poulton, Mill lane (in connection with St Hilary, Wallasey).
- St James's Church, New Brighton, built 1855, consecrated 1858.
- Church of the Good Shepherd, Field Road, New Brighton. Mission Church in connection with St James', New Brighton. Consecrated 1896.
- St John's Church, Grange road, Birkenhead, built 1845
- St Mark's (Chapel of Ease of St John's Church) Grange mount, Claughton
- St John's Church, Egremont, opened May 19, 1833
- St John the Evangelist, Frankby
- St Luke's Church, Lower Tranmere, Old Chester road, consecrated October 18, 1881.
- St Mark's Church, New Ferry, New Chester road.
- St Mary's Parish Church, Birkenhead, Church st., re-opened May 29, 1821
- St Mary's, Eastham.
- St Mary's Church, Liscard (New Parish).
- St Mary's Church, Upton
- St Matthew's District Church, Birkenhead, Park road East.
- St Michael's & All Angels' Church, Tranmere, Carlton road, consecrated Jan 6th 1883.
- St Nathaniel's Mission Church, Cleveland street, Birkenhead
- St Oswald Parish Church, Bidston. First structure very ancient, but date unknown. Re-built (except the tower) in 1856, replacing a building erected in 1595. Chancel added 1882.
- St Paul's Church, Birkenhead, Argyle street.
- St Paul's Church, Seacombe, built 1847. Enlarged 1891.
- Oakdale Mission Church, Ashville road, Oakdale, Seacombe (in connection with St Paul, Seacombe)
- St Paul's Church, Tranmere, Old Chester road, Rock Ferry. Foundation stone laid 23rd May 1853, opened 1855
- St Peter's Church, Birkenhead, Cathcart street.
- St Columba Mission Church, Brook street, Birkenhead (in connection with St Peter)
- St Peter-on-the-Rock Church, Rock Ferry, consecrated 8th September, 1842
- St Saviour's Church, Oxton, Built 1890.
- St Stephen, Prenton,
- The Welsh Church - St Winifred, Westbourne road, Birkenhead, Opened 1891, consecrated 1896.
REFORMED EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF ENGLAND
- Christ Church, Martin's lane, Liscard
CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF LIVERPOOL
Comprises the hundreds of West Derby, Leyland, Amounderness and Lonsdale in Lancashire, and the Isle of Man.
- Pro-Cathedral of St Nicholas, Copperas Hill
- St Alban's, Athol street
- All Saint's, Oakfield
- All Soul's, Collingwood street
- St Alphonsus, 130 Kirkdale road
- St Anne's Priory, 7 Overbury street, Edge Hill
- St Anthony's, Scotland road
- St Augustine's, 44 Great Howard street
- St Bernard's, Kingsley road
- St Bridget's, Bevington hill
- St Charles', Aigburth road
- St Clare's, Arundel avenue, Sefton Park
- Holy Cross, Great Crosshall street
- St Edward's College, St Domingo road, Everton
- St Francis of Sales, Walton
- St Francis Xavier's, Salisbury street
- Sacred Heart, 2 Hall lane
- St John's, Kirkdale
- St Joseph's, 8 Grosvenor street
- St Mary's, Highfield street
- St Michael's, West Derby road
- St Oswald's, Old Swan
- Our Lady of the Annunciation, Bishop Eton, Woolton road, Wavertree
- Our Lady of Good Help, Wavertree
- Our Lady Immaculate, St Domingo road
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel, 27 High Park street
- Our Lady of Reconciliation, Eldon street
- St Patrick's, Park place
- St Paul's, West Derby
- St Peter's, Seel street
- St Philip-Neri's, Maryland street
- The Blessed Sacrament, Walton
- St Sylvester's, Silvester street
- St Vincent of Paul, St James street
- Convent of Notre Dame and Training College 82 to 108 Mount Pleasant The Workhouse Chaplains and the Chaplain of Walton Gaol (who are all named) seem to come under this 'umbrella.'
- St Joseph's, Blundellsands
- St Alexander's, St John's road, Kirkdale
- St James's, Chestnut grove, Marsh lane
- St Winefride, 60 Merton road, Bootle
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre and Cemetery, Sterrix lane, Ford
- Our Lady of Compassion, Formby
- St Anne's, Freshfield
- St Peter's College for Foreign Missions
- St Francis Assissi, Garston
- St Swithin's, Gillmoss
- St Austin's, Grassendale
- SS Peter and Paul, Great Crosby
- St Agnes', Huyton
- Holy Family, Ince Blundell
- St Mary's, Little Crosby
- Our Lady, Lydiate
- St George's, Maghull
- St Bennet's, Netherton
- Our Lady Star of the Sea, Seaforth
- St Thomas of Canterbury, Waterloo
- St Mary's, Much Woolton
BIRKENHEAD & c., IN THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF SHREWSBURY
- St Werburgh's, Grange road, Birkenhead
- St Laurence's, Park street, Birkenhead
- Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, St Mary's street, Birkenhead
- Church of the Holy Name, Beresford road, Oxton
- Our Lady Star of the Sea and St Joseph, Wheatland lane, Seacombe
- St Agnes, Darmond's green, West Kirby
- St Alban's, Mill lane, Liscard
- St Joseph, North road, Higher Tranmere, Birkenhead
- St Peter and Paul, Rowson street, New Brighton
- St Anne's, Rock Ferry, Highfield road
PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF ENGLAND
PRESBYTERY OF LIVERPOOL
Meets at the Common Hall, Hackins Hey, on the second Monday in every month.
- BLUNDELLSANDS, opened 1898
- BOOTLE, Peel road, opened 1896
- CANNING STREET, opened May 10, 1846
- EARLE ROAD, built in 1863.
- EGREMONT, King street, Egremont, opened July 1863
- EVERTON VALLEY, founded 1862
- FAIRFIELD, Beech street opened 1864
- GRANGE ROAD, Birkenhead, Regent place, Grange road West, Birkenhead, opened 1848
- HAMILTON MEMORIAL, Laird street, Birkenhead, opened in 1868
- ISLINGTON (Corner of Salisbury street), opened January 1845
- MOUNT PLEASANT, opened June 1, 1827
- PRINCE'S ROAD, Corner of Upper Warwick street, opened 1879
- ROCK FERRY, New Chester road, opened 1858
- QUEEN'S ROAD, Corner of Breck road, erected 1861
- ST ANDREW'S, Conway street, Birkenhead, opened June 28, 1840
- ST ANDREW'S, Crosby road, Waterloo, opened December 1876
- ST COLUMBA'S, Smithdown gate, opened 1897
- ST GEORGE'S, Myrtle street, opened August 6, 1845
- ST PAUL'S, North road, Devonshire park, Higher Tranmere, opened October 1900
- ST PETER'S, Silvester street, opened May 9, 1849
- SEACOMBE, Church road, Seacombe, opened 1865
- SEFTON PARK, built 1879
- SHAW STREET, opened 1860
- STONEYCROFT, Green lane, opened January 1, 1900
- TRINITY, Belvedere road, Prince's park, opened 1857
- TRINITY, Oxton, Alton road, opened 1866
- TRINITY, Bootle, Trinity road, built originally in Derby road, Kirkdale, 1860. Removed to present site 1887
- TRINITY, Walton, Corner of Rice lane and Orrell lane, opened 1898
- UNION, Fountains road, Stanley road, Kirkdale, opened 1881
- UPTON, founded 1898, church opened 1900
- VAUXHALL ROAD, opened 1867
- WALLASEY VILLAGE, opened 1900
- WEST KIRBY, Meols drive, opened 1890
- WEST DERBY PREACHING STATION founded 1896
OTHER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCHES
- BREEZE HILL, Bootle
- OLDHAM STREET, opened 1793
- ST ANDREW'S, Rodney street, opened Dec 3 1824
PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF SCOTLAND
- ENGLISH PRESBYTERIAN CHAPEL, Falkland road, Egremont.
- ENGLISH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, Alderley road, Hoylake
- REFORMED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, Hall lane
- CATHOLIC APOSTOLIC CHURCH, Canning street, corner of Catharine street, completed in 1856
- GREEK CHURCH, ST NICOLAS, Prince's road, Prince's park
- GERMAN CHURCH, Renshaw street, built 1777
- LIVERPOOL OLD HEBREW CONGREGATION, Synagogue, Prince's road
- NEW HEBREW CONGREGATION, Hope place Synagogue.
SOCIETY OF FRIENDS MEETING HOUSE
- HUNTER STREET
- LISCARD, WITHEN'S LANE
- NEW MEETING HOUSE, PARK ROAD SOUTH, CORNER OF SLATEY ROAD, CLAUGHTON
- BIRKENHEAD, GRANGE ROAD CHAPEL, opened 1858
- BOOTLE, STANLEY ROAD
- BYROM HALL, opened as Byrom Street Chapel, 1789 changed to Byrom Hall, 1861
- EGREMONT, LISCARD ROAD, opened 1868, New Chapel 1892
- FABIUS CHAPEL, EVERTON ROAD, opened 1863
- GARSTON TABERNACLE, opened 1893
- KENSINGTON BAPTIST CHURCH, JUBILEE DRIVE, opened 1889
- KENSINGTON, COTTENHAM STREET, established 1875, chapel opened 1876
- KIRKDALE, KIRKDALE TABERNACLE
- KIRKDALE, STANLEY PARK
- MILE END, 73 CAZNEAU STREET, commenced Sept. 1888
- MYRTLE STREET CHAPEL, opened 1814, enlarged 1859
- NEW BRIGHTON, SEABANK ROAD, commenced 1890
- PEMBROKE CHAPEL, PEMBROKE PLACE, opened 1839
- PRINCE'S GATE, opened 1881
- RICHMOND CHAPEL, BRECK ROAD, EVERTON, opened 1864
- SHAW STREET CHAPEL, opened 1847
- TOXTETH TABERNACLE, PARK ROAD, opened 1871
- TRANMERE, CLIFTON ROAD
- TRANMERE, JACKSON STREET
- TUE BROOK, NEW ROAD
- WALTON (CARISBROOKE) CARISBROOKE ROAD, opened 1879
- WALTON, RICE LANE, opened 1888
- WATERLOO, OXFORD ROAD, commenced 1890
- BIRKENHEAD (THE WOODLANDS), commenced in Hamilton Terrace 1840, Church formed 1841, first Chapel erected in Price Street in 1841, present Chapel erected 1889.
- BOOTLE (BALLIOL ROAD), commenced in Prince's Terrace 1863, Church formed in 1868, Chapel erected in Brasenose Road in 1871, present Chapel in Balliol Road opened in 1898.
- BOOTLE (RHYL STREET, MARSH LANE, BRANCH OF BALLIOL ROAD), commenced in Marsh Lane 1884.
- EDGE LANE, commenced in June Street, 1858, Church formed 1859, Chapel opened 1887.
- EGREMONT (LISCARD ROAD), commenced in Oakdale, 1877, Church formed 1877, opened 1889.
- EVERTON VILLAGE, VILLAGE STREET, commenced in Ormond Street 1799, Church formed 1807, Chapel erected 1869.
- KNOWSLEY ROAD, MARSH LANE, commenced in Caradoc Street, Seaforth 1882, Church formed in 1883.
- SEION, BOUSFIELD STREET, KIRKDALE, commenced in Gt. Howard Street 1835, Church formed 1840, Chapel erected 1876.
- WINDSOR STREET, TOXTETH PARK, commenced in Gore Street 1827, Church formed 1831, Chapel opened 1872.
CALVINISTIC METHODISTS - ENGLISH
- CATHARINE STREET
- EVERTON BROW
- OAKFIELD ROAD
- SPELLOW LANE
- WILLMER ROAD, TRANMERE
CALVINISTIC METHODISTS OR WELSH PRESBYTERIANS
- CHATHAM STREET
- ANFIELD ROAD
- EDGE LANE
- HUYTON QUARRY (WOOD LANE)
- NETHERFIELD ROAD NORTH
- NEWSHAM PARK
- PARKFIELD, BIRKENHEAD
- PEEL ROAD, BOOTLE
- PRINCE'S ROAD, PRINCE'S PARK
- STANLEY ROAD, BOOTLE
- VICTORIA CHAPEL, CROSSHALL STREET
- WALTON PARK, WALTON
- WATERLOO, CROSBY ROAD SOUTH
- WEBSTER ROAD
LIVERPOOL CONGREGATIONAL UNION
- BIRKENHEAD (HAMILTON SQUARE)
- BIRKENHEAD (OXTON ROAD)
- BOOTLE (EMMANUEL) BALLIOL ROAD
- CHADWICK MOUNT
- CRESCENT (EVERTON BROW)
- EDGE HILL (MARMADUKE STREET)
- GREAT GEORGE STREET
- HOYLAKE (FILEY TERRACE, STATION ROAD)
- LISCARD (RAKE LANE)
- NORWOOD (WEST DERBY ROAD)
- PRENTON (PRENTON ROAD, WEST TRANMERE)
- ROCK FERRY
- SEAFORTH (ELM ROAD)
- STANLEY (GREEN LANE)
- TOXTETH (ULLET ROAD)
- TRANMERE (OLD CHESTER ROAD)
- WALTON PARK
- WATERLOO (CHURCH ROAD)
- WAVERTREE (HUNTER'S LANE)
- WOOLTON (HIGH STREET)
- BIRKENHEAD (ZION) (CLIFTON ROAD)
- BIRKENHEAD (VITTORIA STREET
- BOOTLE, UNIVERSITY ROAD, TRINITY ROAD
- GREAT MERSEY STREET
- PARK ROAD
- HILL O' ZION, COCHRANE STREET, EVERTON, opened 1890
- TETLOW STREET, built 1860, re-built 1877
METHODIST NEW CONNEXION CHAPELS
- ST DOMINGO CHAPEL, BRECKFIELD ROAD NORTH
- PARK PLACE CHAPEL
- MISSION HALL
THE LIVERPOOL SOCIETY OF THE NEW CHURCH
- 25A BEDFORD STREE NORTH, erected 1857
- PRINCE'S AVENUE (OPPOSITE BOULEVARD FOUNTAIN)
- YATES STREET, TOXTETH PARK
- PALMERSTON STREET, EDGE HILL
- BOUNDARY STREET EAST
- TUE BROOK
- CHURCH ROAD WEST
- EVERTON ROAD
- JUBILEE DRIVE, KENSINGTON
- NORTHUMBERLAND TERRACE, EVERTON
- QUEEN'S ROAD, BOOTLE
- AINTREE, LONGMORE LANE
BIRKENHEAD FIRST CIRCUIT
- GRANGE ROAD
- BECKWITH STREET
- SEACOMBE, BRIGHTON STREET
- WEST KIRBY, EATON ROAD
BIRKENHEAD SECOND CIRCUIT
- MOUNT TABOR, HIGHER TRANMERE
- ANCIENT CHAPEL OF TOXTETH
- BESSBOROUGH ROAD, OXTON, BIRKENHEAD
- DOMESTIC MISSION CHAPEL, 265 to 287 MILL STREET, TOXTETH PARK
- HAMILTON ROAD CHURCH
- HOPE STREET CHURCH
- NORTH END DOMESTIC MISSION, BOND STREET
- ULLET ROAD CHAPEL
UNITED METHODIST FREE CHURCH
- GROVE STREET CHAPEL, built 1873
- HOLT ROAD, EDGE HILL, SCHOOL CHAPEL, built 1877
- SCOTLAND ROAD CHAPEL, built 1843, enlarged 1866
- HAMILTON ROAD, EVERTON, CHAPEL, built 1870, enlarged 1880
- STUART ROAD, WALTON, SCHOOL CHAPEL, built 1890
- NETHERFIELD ROAD CHAPEL, built 1878
- BOSTOCK STREET, SCOTLAND ROAD
- WELLINGTON ROAD, TOXTETH PARK CHAPEL, built 1871
BIRKENHEAD AND SEACOMBE CIRCUIT
- BIRKENHEAD, CLAUGHTON ROAD CHAPEL, built 1881
- SEACOMBE, ST PAUL'S ROAD CHAPEL, built 1884, enlarged 1893
- WELSH WESLEYAN METHODIST CHURCH, SERPENTINE ROAD, LISCARD
LIVERPOOL - BRUNSWICK CIRCUIT
Formed 1865, from Liverpool (North) Circuit
- BRUNSWICK CHAPEL, MOSS STREET, erected 1810
- FAIRFIELD CHAPEL, LAUREL STREET, erected 1867
- TUE BROOK CHAPEL, erected 1886
- CRANBOURNE STREET MISSION ROOM
- WEST DERBY CHAPEL (CROSBY GREEN)
- BIRCH MEMORIAL CHAPEL, BINNS ROAD, EDGE LANE, erected 1884
- DAY SCHOOLS FOR 691 SCHOLARS, ERSKINE STREET
LIVERPOOL - GREAT HOMER STREET CIRCUIT
Formed 1865, from Brunswick Circuit
- GREAT HOMER STREET CHAPEL, erected 1840
- WHITEFIELD ROAD CHAPEL, erected 1866
- ANFIELD CHAPEL, OAKFIELD ROAD, erected 1885
- MARGARET STREET MISSION CHAPEL
- STITT STREET PREACHING ROOM
- JUVENAL STREET MISSION ROOM
- TOWNSEND LANE MISSION CHAPEL
- DAY SCHOOLS FOR 750 SCHOLARS, PRINCE EDWIN STREET ALSO FOR 587 SCHOLARS, WHITEFIELD ROAD
LIVERPOOL - BOOTLE CIRCUIT
Formed 1865, from Liverpool (North) Circuit
- BALLIOL ROAD CHAPEL, BOOTLE, erected 1864
- KIRKDALE CHAPEL, WALTON ROAD, erected 1880
- WALTON CHAPEL, RICE LANE, erected 1890
- LITHERLAND CHAPEL, LITHERLAND PARK, erected 1873
- ROSALIND STREET CHAPEL, erected 1877
- CYPRUS ROAD CHAPEL, MARSH LANE, erected 1888
- WESLEY HALL, SHERIDAN PLACE, DERBY ROAD, BOOTLE
- WARBRECK MOOR, AINTREE
- LINACRE ROAD CHAPEL, LINACRE
- ANGLESEA ROAD PREACHING ROOM
- MISSION ROOM, CITY ROAD, WALTON
- DAY SCHOOLS FOR 348 SCHOLARS AT CRANMER CHAPEL, VAUXHALL ROAD
LIVERPOOL - GROVE STREET CIRCUIT
Formed 1875, from Wesley Circuit
- TRINITY CHAPEL, GROVE STREET, erected 1859
- WESLEY CHAPEL, VICTORIA PARK, WAVERTREE, erected 1873
- ST PAUL'S CHAPEL, STONEYCROFT, erected 1865
- AIGBURTH STREET, Chapel erected 1896
- CARDWELL STREET CHAPEL, erected 1880
- PICTON ROAD, WAVERTREE ROAD
- HUYTON QUARRY CHAPEL
- TRINITY CHAPEL DAY SCHOOLS FOR 461 SCHOLARS, VINE ST.
LIVERPOOL - WESLEY CIRCUIT
Formed 1863, from Liverpool (South) Circuit
- WESLEY CHAPEL, STANHOPE STREET, erected 1827
- ST PETER'S CHAPEL, HIGH PARK STREET, erected 1878
- LODGE LANE, erected 1883
- ISLAND ROAD CHAPEL, GARSTON, erected 1879
- BANKS ROAD CHAPEL, GARSTON, erected 1882
- SMITHDOWN ROAD CHAPEL, acquired 1897
- DAY SCHOOLS FOR 707 SCHOLARS, WINDSOR STREET; ALSO FOR 400 SCHOLARS AT GARSTON
LIVERPOOL - ST JOHN'S CIRCUIT
Formed 1882, from Wesley Circuit
- ST JOHN'S CHAPEL, BELVIDERE ROAD, PRINCE'S PARK, erected 1862
- AIGBURTH VALE CHAPEL, erected 1876
LIVERPOOL - WOOLTON CIRCUIT
Formed 1895, from St John's Circuit
- ST JAMES'S CHAPEL, WOOLTON, erected 1866
Formed 1875, from Liverpool (Pitt St) Circuit. Re-arranged 1878.
- PITT STREET CHAPEL, erected 1750, enlarged 1765, re-erected 1803, altered 1875
- CENTRAL HALL, MOUNT PLEASANT, erected 1790
- CRANMER CHAPEL, VAUXHALL ROAD, erected 1857
- TEMPLAR HALL, MILL STREET
- MISSION HALL, PHYHIAN STREET, LOW HILL
- WESLEY HALL, SOHO STREET, erected 1837, acquired by this Mission 1889
- MANSFIELD STREET (ST ANNE STREET) MISSION ROOM SHOE BLACK'S HOME
- HUTCHINSON MISSION HALL, PARKHILL ROAD, erected 1893
- LAD'S HOME, 101 & 103 SHAW STREET, purchased 1890
- GIRL'S HOME, 26 FALKNER STREET, purchased 1892
- GIRL'S WELCOME, 157 ISLINGTON
- MEN'S LABOUR HOME, 169 DUKE STREET
- BOY'S HOME, 28 ALFRED STREET
Formed 1859 from Liverpool (North) Circuit
- WATERLOO CHAPEL, BATH STREET, erected 1857
- BLUNDELLSANDS CHAPEL, erected 1891
- FORMBY CHAPEL,erected 1877
- SEAFORTH CHAPEL, GLADSTONE ROAD, erected 1886
- MISSION HALL, GREAT CROSBY, erected 1891
- MISSION ROOM, FORMBY
- DAY SCHOOLS FOR 395 SCHOLARS, WESLEY STREET, WATERLOO
LIVERPOOL - SHAW STREET CIRCUIT (WELSH)
Formed 1871, from Liverpool (Welsh) Circuit
- SHAW STREET CHAPEL, erected 1864
- BOUNDARY STREET , EAST
- TRINITY ROAD, BOOTLE, erected 1877
- EDGE HILL, PLIMSOLL STREET,
- GRANTON ROAD
- KNOWSLEY ROAD, BOOTLE (SALISBURY ROAD BOARD SCHOOL)
LIVERPOOL - MOUNT ZION CIRCUIT (WELSH)
Formed 1871, from Liverpool (Welsh) Circuit
- MOUNT ZION, PRINCE'S AVENUE, erected 1880
- BETHEL, CLAUGHTON ROAD, BIRKENHEAD, altered 1893
- ARTHUR STREET, BIRKENHEAD MISSION ROOM, 1897
- ZION, LACY STREET, WIDNES
- GARSTON, (HEALD STREET)
- HERMON (ASHTON-IN-MAKERFIELD)
- SEACOMBE, SERPENTINE ROAD, LISCARD
Formed 1851, from Liverpool (North) Circuit
- BRUNSWICK CHAPEL, PRICE STREET, erected 1830, enlarged 1844 and 1876
- WESLEY, HIGHER TRANMERE, erected 1862, enlarged 1875
- PALM GROVE, OXTON, erected 1871, enlarged 1887
- FREEHOLD, OLD CHESTER ROAD, TRANMERE, erected 1890
- HIND STREET, erected 1873
- LOW STREET, erected 1878
- HESWALL, TELEGRAPH ROAD, erected 1891
- LAIRD STREET, BIRKENHEAD,
- DAY SCHOOLS FOR 490 SCHOLARS, BECKWITH STREET, BIRKENHEAD
ROCK FERRY CIRCUIT
Formed 1888, from Birkenhead Circuit
- TRINITY CHAPEL, ROCK FERRY, erected 1866
- SUTTON CHAPEL, erected 1877, enlarged 1890
- NEW FERRY CHAPEL, erected 1891
- TRAFALGAR, BEBINGTON, erected 1838
- THORNTON HOUGH, erected 1860
- BLUCHER MISSION HALL, erected 1889
- PUDDINGTON CHAPEL, acquired 1896
- VICTORIA HALL, Higher Bebington
Formed 1860, from Birkenhead Circuit
- SEACOMBE, BRIGHTON STREET, erected 1851
- NEW BRIGHTON, EGERTON STREET, erected 1870, enlarged 1893
- WALLASEY CHAPEL, erected 1885
- LISCARD CHAPEL, MANOR ROAD, erected 1893
- MISSION ROOM, OAKDALE
- MISSION ROOM, EGERTON STREET
- DAY SCHOOLS FOR 623 SCHOLARS, BRIGHTON ST, SEACOMBE
HOYLAKE AND WEST KIRBY CIRCUIT
- HOYLAKE, MARKET ST, erected 1897
- WEST KIRBY, WESTBOURNE ROAD, erected 1889
LIVERPOOL SEAMEN'S FRIEND SOCIETY & BETHEL UNION
- SOUTH BETHEL, WELLINGTON ROAD, TOXTETH
CHRIST (FREE) CHURCH
- MIRANDA ROAD
CHURCHES OF CHRIST
- EVERTON, THIRLMERE ROAD
- PARK CHAPEL, WATERWORKS STREET, BOOTLE
- WINDSOR STREET, TOXTETH PARK
- WESLEY STREET, BIRKENHEAD
- EGREMONT,MARTIN'S LANE
- HOLY HILL TERRACE, TRANMERE
- CRESCENT ROAD, LISCARD
CHAPEL OF THE RESURRECTION
- CALDY VILLAGE, WEST KIRBY
CHURCH OF HUMANITY
- 25 FALKLAND STREET, ISLINGTON
- GATEACRE BROW
- PARK LANE
UNITED FREE GOSPEL CHURCHES
- ELIZABETH STREET, built 1871
- UPPER BEAU STREET MISSION CHURCH
- 60a EVERTON ROAD
- BARRACKS 47 EAST STREET, WATERLOO
- 12 FOX STREET
- 101 WALTON ROAD
- 67 BARLOW STREET, KIRKDALE
- BRECK ROAD
- 74 to 78 OLIVER STREET, BIRKENHEAD
- 20 DEMESNE STREET, SEACOMBE
MISSION CHAPELS AND ROOMS
- ALL SAINT'S CHURCH INSTITUTE, TAGUS STREET
- ALL SAINT'S MISSION ROOM, 1 MILL LANE, OLD SWAN
- BAPTIST EVANGELICAL HALL, ALLERTON ROAD, WOOLTON
- BETHEL GOSPEL MISSION, 1 EDINBURGH STREET, GREAT HOMER STREET
- BUTCHER'S MISSION ROOM, ST ANDREW STREET
- CARADOC MISSION HALL, 7 CARADOC ROAD, SEAFORTH
- CARADOC MISSION HOUSE, 10 CARADOC ROAD, SEAFORTH
- CLUB MOOR MISSION, LARK HILL LANE
- CRESCENT AND RICHMOND FAIR MISSION HALL, 190 RICHMOND ROW
- GORDON STREET MISSION HALL, GREAT HOMER STREET
- GOSPEL HALL, 176 CONWAY STREET, BIRKENHEAD
- GOSPEL MISSION ROOM, 86 HARTNUP STREET
- HEBREW MISSION HALL, DEVON STREET
- JEWISH MISSION HALL
- LIVERPOOL TOWN MISSIONS, 55 BENLEDI STREET
- MISSION SCHOOLS (UNDENOMINATIONAL), LINACRE
- MOORE STREET, BOOTLE (WELSH BAPTIST)
- OAKDALE WESLEYAN MISSION, 17 OAKDALE RD, SEACOMBE
- PORTER STREET, EVERTON (THE BRITISH PROTESTANT UNION)
- HYSLOP STREET
- MISSION HALL, PRINCE'S ROAD, GREASBY
- RICE LANE MISSION ROOM, 108 RICE LANE, WALTON
- RICHMOND MISSION ROOM, 215 BRECKFIELD ROAD NORTH
- ST LUKE'S MISSION CHURCH, LIMEKILN LANE, POULTON, BIRKENHEAD
- ST MARGARET'S MISSION HOUSE, 27 BELMONT ROAD, EVERTON
- ST PAUL'S MISSION HALL, ASHVILLE ROAD, SEACOMBE, BIRKENHEAD
- ST SAVIOUR'S MISSION HALL, 12 ALMOND STREET
- ST THOMAS'S MISSION HALL, 112 RAWSON ROAD, SEAFORTH
- SEACOMBE BETHEL, WHEATLAND LANE, SEACOMBE, BIRKENHEAD
- UNDENOMINATIONAL EVANGELICAL MISSION HOUSE, WALKER STREET, HIGHER TRANMERE
- UNION CHURCH MISSION ROOM (ST JOHN'S), UNION STREET, EGREMONT
- UNSECTARIAN, WATERWORKS STREET, LITHERLAND ROAD, BOOTLE
- CROSBY MISSION HOUSE, LIVERPOOL ROAD, CROSBY
- CARDWELL STREET
- CITY ROAD
- HIND STREET
- NETHERFIELD ROAD NORTH
- 85 TOWNSEND LANE, ANFIELD
- WESLEYAN FREE CHURCH MISSION HALL, 41 BOSTOCK STREET
- WINDSOR HALL, HOLDEN STREET (UNDENOMINATIONAL)
Transcribed and provided by Barbara Williams