St George, Simister, Church of England
The church has no churchyard, but there is a Garden of Remembrance on the south side of the church for the interment of the cremated remains of the departed.
It was founded in 1915 as a Chapel-of-Ease to the Parish Church of St. Margaret, Holyrood, Prestwich, for the convenience of the people of Simister. It retains its legal status as a Chapel-of-Ease.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)