"PRESTON-PATRICK, a chapelry in that part of the parish of BURTON-in-KENDAL which is in KENDAL ward, county of WESTMORLAND, 6 miles (N..W. by.W.) from Kirkby-Lousdale, containing 398 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Richmond, and diocese of Chester, endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £ 600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Inhabitants. The chapel, dedicated to St. Patrick, is a neat building, situated on the acclivity of a hill rising from the eastern bank of the Belo, which is here crossed by the Lancaster canal, in its course through the parish. A school, founded by subscription in 1780, is endowed with an allotment of land, awarded under the enclosure act, and now let for £ 12. 12. a year, for which ten children receive free instruction. "
[From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]