"BARFORD ST. MARTIN, a parish in the hundred of Cawden and Cadworth, in the county of Wilts, 5 miles to the W. of Salisbury, its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £577, in the patronage of the Warden and Fellows of All Souls' College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Martin. The Independents have a chapel here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a WSRO registers: Chr 1653-1861, Mar 1654-1979, Bur 1653-1885
We have no information on other indexes for this parish.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Barford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Barford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU050317 (Lat/Lon: 51.084273, -1.930118), Barford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)