York St Lawrence
The Ancient Parish of YORK ST LAWRENCE
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"YORK ST LAWRENCE, a parish in the city of York, without Walmgate, (united with St. Nicholas, which church is no longer standing) a vicarage peculiar, value +5L. 10s. with St. John, a perpetual curacy, value, together, p.r. 7L. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. --Pop. including St. Nicholas, 799."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of York St Lawrence.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from York St Lawrence to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE611513 (Lat/Lon: 53.954195, -1.070405), York St Lawrence which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society: