York St Michael le Belfrey parish registers, Bedern Chapel Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
The Bedern was a college of vicars choral, belonging to the cathedral, and the choral was first ordained in 1252. The Bedern Chapel, which was founded in 1348 is in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of York.
Deposited Registers (YML)
- Baptisms: 1682-1868
- Marriages: 1706*, 1716*
- Burials: None undertaken
- * Only 2 marriages recorded, found among the baptism registers
- 1768, 1770-1773, 1821-1828, 1854-1856
- C 1768-1773, 1821-1828, 1854-1856
Transcripts and Indexes:
- C 1682-1868; Typed transcript, no index; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- The two marriages in 1706 and 1716 are included in the York Marriage Index
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.